I know I’m not alone when I say that some days, I just want ONE cookie. It’s far too dangerous to have an entire dozen sitting around the house, waiting for me to gobble them up in a sugar rage (not that I’m speaking from experience or anything…). So what’s a girl to do? They say that your cravings usually go away within 15 minutes…but if they don’t, you only need 15 minutes to make yourself one jumbo chocolate chip cookie to satisfy that sweet tooth!
When I tell my friends that I have a recipe that will give them just one cookie, they look at me like I’m a very dangerous person with a very dangerous secret. And while it might be a teensy bit dangerous to know that you can make one jumbo chocolate chip cookie whenever your heart desires, I like to think of it as convenient. If you bake, you’re going to have all the ingredients already, you’ll have less of a mess to clean up and you have a beautiful JUMBO cookie to enjoy all by your lonesome at the end of it. What’s so dangerous about that? I should mention that this dough technically makes enough for two normal sized cookies, if you’re feeling in the mood to share.
The hardest part about making this jumbo chocolate chip cookie is not eating all of the dough. Unless of course you’re craving cookie dough and are whipping together this recipe for the sole purpose of eating said dough. Again, not that I’ve done this or anything… 🙂
Feel free to add in whatever mix-ins your heart desires. Chocolate chips, M&Ms, sprinkles, candy bar pieces. This dough is yours for the customizing. I added jumbo chocolate chips and sprinkles to my cookie pictured here. What are your favorite cookie mix-ins? Mine are usually M&Ms!
This jumbo chocolate chip cookie for one is SUPER soft and extra gooey. I like to eat mine right out of the oven while it’s still cooling off.
- 1 tbsp butter (room temp)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (may need extra depending on dough consistency)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing book, mix together softened (not melted) butter, brown sugar and white sugar.
- Add egg white and vanilla. Mix vigorously until well-combined.
- Slowly add baking soda, salt, and flour. Mix together as dough forms. May need additional 1 tbsp to 1/4 cup of flour depending on dough’s consistency.
- Fold in chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc.
- Scoop dough onto greased baking sheet and pop in oven for 13-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is cooked through.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Have you ever made a single cookie? What kind of cookie would you love to have in jumbo form? Let me know in the comments below!